Tumbarumba High School

Excellence and Opportunity for All

Telephone02 6948 2500


Application for Extended Leave

Application for Extended Leave and Certificate of Extended Leave forms are required when a student will be absent from school for more than three (3) days

Families are encouraged to travel during school holidays. If travel during school term is necessary, discuss this with your child's school principal. An 'Application for Extended Leave' may need to be completed. Absences relating to travel will be marked as leave on the roll and, therefore, contribute to your child's total absences for the year.

To apply for leave, you should read the School Attendance Policy and the Student Attendance in Government Schools Procedures PDF 327 KB document and then complete the Application for Extended Leave and Certificate of Extended Leave forms. Return the completed forms to the school along with relevant travel documentation such as an e-ticket or itinerary (in the case of non-flight bound travel within Australia only).